Last week we had a parent call us who booked a birthday party for her 3 year old girl. She had a simple question:
“What do you do to clean your inflatables?”
Believe it or not, this is a rare question, but one we always love to answer. Each of the inflatables is assigned to an employee, and that employee is responsible for its cleanliness on an ongoing basis. So just as you walk through the living room and do a quick flyby picking up anything that the family has left behind, our employees do the same. That’s the everyday stuff, checking for spills, toys left behind, etc.
But that’s not cleaning. We take it very seriously that hundreds of children come through these inflatables each week, some with her own set of sniffles or maladies. We use a product called OdoBan that can be found at Sam’s Club, Amazon, or other major retailers. Though it sounds like something that just makes things smell good, it is far more than that – and it makes me wonder who had the job of naming it. That’s like naming our place “Socks” just because that is one of the things we sell, but by far not the most important. Just read this:
- OdoBan® is an EPA registered disinfectant. The EPA Registration No. is 66243-2.
- OdoBan® meets AOAC efficacy standards for hospital disinfectants.
- OdoBan® meets AOAC efficacy standards for non-food contact surface sanitizers on hard non-porous surfaces.
- OdoBan® is a Hospital Disinfectant Cleaner that is effective against a wide variety of Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria. It is also an excellent deodorant and leaves a clean fresh odor. Respiratory illnesses attributable to Pandemic 2009 H1N1 are caused by influenza A virus. OdoBan® is a broad-spectrum hard surface disinfectant that has been shown to be effective against Influenza A/Hong Kong and is expected to inactivate all influenza A viruses including Pandemic 2009 H1N1 (formerly called swine flu). OdoBan® has demonstrated effectiveness against Influenza A/Hong Kong and is expected to inactivate all influenza A viruses including Pandemic 2009 H1N1 (formerly called swine flu).
- OdoBan® is an effective fungicide against Trichophyton mentagrophytes (the athlete’s foot fungus) when used on surfaces in areas such as locker rooms, dressing rooms, shower and bath areas, and exercise facilities.
- OdoBan® kills common germs ‡ such as Escherichia coli (E. coli), Staphylococcus aureus (Staph), Salmonella choleraesuis (Salmonella), Streptococcus pyogenes (Strep) and Influenza A/Hong Kong (Influenza) on pre-cleaned environmental surfaces in 10 minutes. Prevents the growth of odor causing bacteria.
- OdoBan® is effective against animal and pet viruses such as Avian Influenza virus, Avian Infectious Bronchitis virus, Pseudorabies virus, Canine Distemper virus, and Newcastle’s Disease virus.
…and they chose to call it Odo-Ban? I’d call Super Bad Mean Cleaning Virus Terminator Spray (available in citrus).
When we first opened in 2008 we learned quickly that to get into every nook, cranny, and crevice we would need more than a towel and a spray bottle, so we purchased a fogging machine. It takes OdoBan and converts it into a fog that easily penetrates all the hard-to-reach places to ensure that each spot is thoroughly sanitized.
So that’s it. This is how we clean the inflatables, but if you have recommendations that could help please drop us a line in the comments below, or on our Facebook page.